Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
Scriptable dialog plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, October 23, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 7 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically by using a calculation or a scipt step. All from within FileMaker you can:
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 15 fields and up to 4 buttons
- choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- add a standard icon or your own custom icons
What is new in version 7?
We rewrote Troi Dialog Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Tested and improved compatibility with Windows 10 (Creators Update) and macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
- Rewrote and modernized the code in several places.
- Made various minor changes to the example files to better work with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Updated the User Guide and the Reference.fmp12 file.
Extra features when running FileMaker Pro 16
Version 7.0 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The Dialog Plug-in adds script steps when running FileMaker Pro 16. You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears. The script steps expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. The following script steps are added:
- Show Big Input Dialog
- Show Flash Dialog
- Show Slideshow
- Added new scripts to the BigInputDialog.fmp12, Flash.fmp12 and PresentImage.fmp12 example files, to demonstrate how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16. The examples check if FileMaker Pro 16 is running and will then select these new scripts.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
Apart from these additions we updated the Dial_PresentImage function for 64-bit (Mac OS only) and fixed a problem in the Dial_ListDialog function. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.0 can be found at: https://www.troi.com/products/dialogplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.0 is available for downloading at:
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 7.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in on or after October 1, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after October 25, 2017.
Upgrades from licenses bought before October 1, 2016 are available from US$ 35 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.