Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker 17 further extends metadata handling.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, January 7, 2019--Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 10.1 for FileMaker 17.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and - modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker
- manage your images and movies, including reading and writing metadata
What is new in version 10.1?
Troi File Plug-in 10.1 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 17.0.3.
- Added support for Windows XP EXIF tags. These are the tags XPTitle, XPComment, XPAuthor, XPKeywords and XPSubject (tags 40091 to 40095). The TrFile_GetMetaData function with the switch "-GetEXIF" will now return the Windows XP EXIF tags correctly. And you can now write the Windows XP EXIF tags with the TrFile_SetMetaData function with the switch "-SetEXIF".
- Improved support for EXIF with UTF-8 text: you can now get EXIF with UTF-8 encoded strings using the TrFile_GetMetaData function with the switches "-GetEXIF" and "-SourceUTF8Charset". You can also write EXIF with encoded UTF-8 strings by adding the switch "-UTF8Charset" to the TrFile_SetMetaData function with the switch "-SetEXIF".
- Improved the TrFile_SetMetaData function: it no longer creates an empty destination file when specifying invalid switches.
- Improved several example files.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 10.1 can be found at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 10.1 is available at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 10.1 uses the 10.0 registration code. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after May 9, 2017. Eligible users have been sent a new 10.0 registration in May 2018. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 9, 2017, are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to email@example.com.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.