Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
Updated script triggering plug-in for FileMaker Pro 17 adds script triggering via a URL.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, April 23, 2019–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 17.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 5.0?
Troi Activator Plug-in 5.0 is compatible with FileMaker 17 and has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 17.0.4.
- Added script triggering via a URL (using the GET HTTP method) on macOS and Windows. You can now trigger a script with a URL like this:
You can also specify an (optional) password in the URL and add whether you want to wait for a response.
- In the triggered script you can specify the response text with the new Actr_SetHTTPResponse function or Set HTTP Response script step.
- The Activator Web Server functionality, including the Image Upload Server functionality, is now also available on Windows.
- (Windows) Added code signing to the plug-in for Windows. (On macOS code signing was already added in version 4.5).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example for iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- (macOS) Prepared the plug-in for notarization: the plug-in can now be added to a runtime, to create a hardened FileMaker runtime app which can be notarized by Apple. Notarization gives users more confidence, as the runtime has been checked by Apple for malicious components.
Version 5.0 also has the following changes and improvements:
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 14. Also the minimum supported Mac OS version is now OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). You can keep using v4.5.1 for older versions of FileMaker Pro or Mac OS X.
- (macOS) The plug-in no longer has the 32-bit code included.
- Updated the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 file, it can show additional error information from Get(LastExternalErrorDetail) when it is available. The EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 file can also run a test registration script for a plug-in after you have installed it on FileMaker Server.
- Updated the example files for FileMaker Pro Advanced 17 and made small corrections to the user guide.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 5.0 is available at https://www.troi.com/products/activatorplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to email@example.com.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.