Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
News Main Menu
Troi Activator Plug-in 7 for FileMaker Pro 19.3 released
Updated script triggering plug-in for FileMaker Pro 19.3 runs native on Apple Silicon.
Lienden, the Netherlands, July 20, 2021–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 7.0 for FileMaker Pro 19.3.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a FileMaker script when a file or folder is added to a folder
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 7.0?
Troi Activator Plug-in 7.0 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.3.
- (macOS) The plug-in now runs natively on Apple Silicon: made the plug-in a Universal binary by adding code for the arm64 architecture of macOS.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 11.4 (Big Sur).
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 version 20H2 (October 2020 Update) and version 21H1 (May 2021 Update).
- (Windows) Added echo functionality to the HTTP server when running on Windows. The plug-in will echo back the HTTP request, including the method and headers used. This can help with debugging an HTTP problem. The response can be either plain text or HTML formatted.
- Improved script triggering in several functions: the plug-in now also triggers scripts where the filename parameter contains a period in the name and the (.fmp12) extension was not included (the FileMaker function "Get(Filename)" will not include the extension).For example if the filename parameter given is "Contacts1.0" the plug-in now adds the .fmp12 extension, resulting in "Contacts1.0.fmp12".
- (Windows) Improved the Actr_AddFolderTrigger function: the memory handling is more efficient and robust.
Version 7.0 also has the following changes and improvements:
- Changed a possible error code that can be returned by the Add Folder Trigger script step or the Actr_AddFolderTrigger function: when you hit the maximum number of folder triggers the plug-in now returns $$-4403 (kErrMaxNumberOfFolderTriggers). This was $$-4295, but this error code could also be returned by the Troi File Plug-in in a different situation (kErrCantOpenItem).
- (macOS) Improved compatibility when running FileMaker Pro 19 in dark mode, the flash dialog is now more visible.
- (macOS) Improved loading the plug-in with runtime apps created with FileMaker Pro 18.
- (macOS) If the plug-in can’t load a bundle at start-up, the plug-in will now write a detailed error to the system.log. See the Console.app in this case (search for FileMaker in the system.log).
- Updated the plug-in to use the latest libraries or modern frameworks where possible.
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported FileMaker version is now FileMaker Pro 16. Also the minimum supported macOS version is now macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 7.0 is available for downloading on the Activator Plug-in web page at https://www.troi.com/products/activatorplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on the Activator Plug-in page. You can order licenses from https://www.troi.com/shop/
Version 7.0 needs a new registration code. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Activator Plug-in on or after April 2, 2020. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before April 2, 2020 are available from US$ 49 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades there.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to email@example.com.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.