Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
News Main Menu
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 8.0 for FileMaker Pro 2023 released
More secure Encryption Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 2023 released
Lienden, the Netherlands, April 25, 2023–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 8.0 for FileMaker Pro 2023. This version is compatible with the latest versions of FileMaker and Claris Pro and runs on the latest versions of macOS and Windows. We improved the code in several places, making the plug-in more secure and robust.
What is Troi Encryptor Plug-in?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in is a very powerful tool for securing your FileMaker data, exporting or emailing your data without risk and importing safely back into FileMaker. All from within FileMaker you can:
- encrypt text or container fields, using the powerful 256-bit AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive data is secure
- export encrypted data that can be sent safely across internet, for example via email. No risk that someone will read or change the data while in transit
- use the decryption functions to restore the original information after you have imported the received email or export file back into FileMaker, with the assurance that nobody will have tampered with it
- exchange AES-encrypted data with other systems (like OpenSSL)
- generate safe, random passwords, check their strength and save and retrieve them to and from the keychain of the operating system
- verify data integrity and sources with SHA-256 message digests
- encode text in Base64
- make conversions to and from binary
- compress databases with large text fields
What is new in version 8.0?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 8.0 has the following new functionality and improvements:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 2023 (FileMaker Pro 20.1.1)
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19 up to Claris FileMaker Pro 19.6.3.
- Tested and made compatible with Claris Pro 40.2.1.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 12 (Monterey) and macOS 13 (Ventura).
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 11, including Windows 11 version 22H2 (September 20, 2022).
New functionality and improvements
- Improved the code in several places and made it more secure.
- Strengthened the Encr_AES_DecryptUsingKey function and made it more robust.
- Added switch "-GetStartupRegistrationLog" to the Encr_Version function. This will return a text log of the plug-in’s registration process at startup time of FileMaker Pro. When you have problems registering the plug-in, you can see if the payment certificate was found and if a valid registration code was found.
- Added an example script to Version.fmp12, which gets the text log of the startup registration of the plug-in.
- Improved the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 example file: added a script which adds the Startup Registration Log to the log field. This will get a text log of the startup registration process of the plug-in.
For a complete overview of all changes and bug fixes in this version please see https://www.troi.com/products/encryptorplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 8.0 is available at https://www.troi.com/products/encryptorplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 85 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 8.0 needs a new registration code. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Encryptor Plug-in on or after April 25, 2022. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after April 26, 2022.
Upgrades from licenses bought before April 25, 2022 are available from US$ 55 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.