Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
Updated Troi File Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 2023 improves drag and drop functionality
Lienden, the Netherlands, June 1, 2023–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 15.0 for FileMaker 2023. Troi File Plug-in 15.0 is made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 2023 (FileMaker Pro 20.1.1), Claris FileMaker Pro 19 up to version 19.6.3 and the latest versions of macOS and Windows.
We added new functionality and improved several functions of the plug-in and improved the code in several places, making the plug-in faster and more secure.
New functionality and improvements
- Added switch "-SkipInvisibles" to the TrFile_GetFolderSize function. If you add this switch the plug-in will not add the size of invisible (hidden) files to the returned size.
- Added support for Digital Negative (DNG) files and Apple ProRAW to the TrFile_CreateThumbnail function.
- Improved the Set MetaData of Image File script step and the TrFile_SetMetaData function with the switch "-SetIPTC". The plug-in will now write the IPTC metdata earlier in the JPEG file, improving compatibility with other applications that read or write IPTC.
- (Windows) Enhanced the TrFile_CreateThumbnail function and significantly improved the speed of creating thumbnails for rotated JPEGs.
- (macOS) Improved extended attributes (xattrs) support with the script steps Insert in File, Set MetaData of Image File and Substitute In File and the functions TrFile_InsertContents, TrFile_SetMetadata and TrFile_Substitute. If the source file has extended attributes they are also copied to the destination file. If the source file has a (legacy) resource fork stored as xattr this is also copied.
Improved Drag and Drop functionality
- Fixed a problem in the Add DragAndDrop Handler script step and the TrFile_DragAndDrop function: drag and drop now correctly works with FileMaker Pro 2023 (FileMaker Pro 20.1.1).
- (macOS only) Added the new switch "-AllowFilePromiseDrops" to the switches parameter of the TrFile_DragAndDrop function. This allows you to drag files to the FileMaker window that don’t exist yet (a.k.a. file promises), such as zip files or images from a web application.
- Added new function TrFile_StartDragSource, which allows you to click and drag the (binary) contents of a container field or variable as a file out of FileMaker into other applications (for example a web application).
- (macOS) Improved the drag and drop functionality, improved the code and made it more robust if paths cannot be found or converted. Also improved handling of multiple mail drops on macOS 10.15 and later.
- (macOS) Improved the MailDrop functionality. Temporary files in the TroiTEMPDRAGFOLDER folder are now deleted after the system restarts and no longer show up in a Rescued Items folder in the trash.
- Updated the DragAndDrop.fmp12 example. Added notes and optional script steps to better find the bounds for drop zones on layouts with a Top Navigation Part.
- Also improved dropping mail into the DragAndDrop.fmp12 example. It now handles slow maildrops better, by waiting up to 5 seconds.
Improved (movie) metadata support
-Improved the TrFile_GetMetaData function: you can use these switches to easily get a single metadata item of a movie:
* Note that the -GetMovDescriptionStr switch is different from the existing -GetMovieDescription switch, which returns a list of (all) movie properties.
- Improved the TrFile_GetMetaData function: added support for getting EXIF out of PNG images.
Improved security, increased speed and other changes
- Improved the code in several places and made it more secure.
- (macOS) Modernized the code and removed dependency on legacy Carbon code in several places.
- (Windows) Improved the speed of the TrFile_GetFileSize function for files on network drives.
- Added switch "-GetStartupRegistrationLog" to the TrFile_Version function. This will return a text log of the plug-in’s registration process at startup time of FileMaker Pro. When you have problems registering the plug-in, you can see if the payment certificate was found and if a valid registration code was found.
- Added an example script to Version.fmp12, which gets the text log of the startup registration of the plug-in. Also improved the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 example file: added a script which adds the Startup Registration Log to the log field. This will get a text log of the startup registration process of the plug-in.
- (macOS) Fixed a problem with the script steps Insert in File, Set MetaData of Image File and Substitute In File and the functions TrFile_InsertContents, TrFile_SetMetadata and TrFile_Substitute. When running on macOS Ventura and the source and destination file being equal these functions would not work and return the error code $$-43 (fnfErr).
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 15.0 can be found on the File Plug-in page at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 15.0 is available on the File Plug-in page at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 109 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on the File Plug-in page. You can order licenses there or from our store at https://www.troi.com/shop/
Version 15.0 needs a new registration. If you have a current subscription or if you bought a license on or after August 18, 2022, the upgrade is free. Eligible users have been sent a new v.15 registration code. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before August 18, 2022, are available from US$ 69 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on the File Plug-in web page or in the store. You can order upgrades there.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to email@example.com.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.